Thursday, November 18, 2010

Fast and Easy LOW FAT/LOW CARB TURKEY TACO SALAD

Since I am a sugar lover and LOVE to eat my chocolate, I generally save my "carbs" for the goodies! My actual meals (if I eat them) tend to be very low in sugar and starch.

Tonight's menu...Low Fat/ Low Carb Turkey Taco Salad (without the tortilla chips)!!!!

Start off by cooking lean ground turkey in a skillet. Add onions and garlic if you want the additional flavor. When the color turns brown reduce the heat and drain the fat from the skillet. Add a taco seasoning package, follow the directions on the package and simmer until done.

In a small pot: Add 1can of re-fried beans (I prefer re-fried black beans and the size can depends on your family size), add chives or onions, chopped tomatoes and grated reduced fat cheese (you can also add jalapeno as well) I also like to add Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning for a "kick"...turn on stove to a medium heat and stir constantly. Once the cheese is melted and everything is mixed together and looks smooth...your beans are done!

In another bowl: Open an avocado or two or three and mash into a bowl. Add some lemon or lime juice, fresh garlic and salt and pepper for a super fast guacamole (or keep going and add cilantro and tomatoes as well). Serve chilled or right out of the bowl. It's hard to give exact measurements on these items as it all depends on your own taste!

You will also need any of the following according to taste: Lettuce (I prefer Romaine or Spinach), Cherry or Chopped Tomatoes, Reduced Fat Cheese, Low Fat or Fat Free Sour Cream and Salsa.

Once you have cooked everything it's time to start layering your plates!

This is a very filling and satisfying Low Fat/Low Carb Taco Salad

No comments:

Post a Comment